Espoo, Finland 25 June 2018 -- Valmet and Asia Symbol (Shandong) Pulp and Paper Co., Ltd. have signed an agreement for the maintenance services for the company's board machines and pulp mill in China.
"Valmet manufactured the main equipment in our mill, and we are looking forward to good cooperation with Valmet in the next few years. Valmet's maintenance services combine its daily maintenance expertise with support from product, process, and automation specialists worldwide. Professional people can do professional things - we believe that!" says Wang Bo, Mill Director of Asia Symbol (Shandong) Pulp and Paper.
"This is Valmet's first maintenance outsourcing order in China, and it shows the trend of mill maintenance services as well. This customer is showing strong trust in Valmet's professionalism by choosing us to supply their maintenance services. Valmet's services team will help the mill to improve performance and product quality while lowering costs and risks," says Jiang Bo, Senior Manager, Maintenance Outsourcing and Agreement Management, Services business line, China, Valmet.
Information about Valmet's delivery
Valmet will provide maintenance services and maintenance development for the board machines and the pulp mill, including chip handling, fiber lines, pulp dryers, recovery boilers, evaporation, and recausticizing, as well as a power plant, chemical plant and water treatment facility. Valmet will be responsible for the leadership, management and development of the mill's maintenance.
About Asia Symbol (Shangdong)
Asia Symbol (Shandong) Pulp and Paper Company is a world-leading producer of pulp and paper. It has two bleached hardwood pulp production lines with a total annual production capacity of 1.8 million tonnes and two packaging board production lines with a capacity of 470,000 tonnes. Its main products are bleached hardwood kraft pulp, northern bleached kraft pulp, dissolving, liquid packaging board, and high-grade ivory board.
It sets the benchmarks in pulp and paper for industrial upgrading, technological progress, and green development. Asia Symbol is the main drafter of the national standard for bleached hardwood kraft pulp and ivory board. The total environmental investment in the mill is approaching RMB 4.3 billion (EUR 570 million).
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. We aim to become the global champion in serving our customers.
Valmet's strong technology offering includes pulp mills, tissue, board and paper production lines, as well as power plants for bioenergy production. Our advanced services and automation solutions improve the reliability and performance of our customers' processes and enhance the effective utilization of raw materials and energy.
Valmet's net sales in 2017 were approximately EUR 3.1 billion. Our more than 12,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers' performance forward - every day. Valmet's head office is in Espoo, Finland and its shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.