Espoo, Finland 19 March 2018 -- Valmet will supply two more containerboard production lines with related automation systems for Nine Dragons Industries Co., Ltd., China. The orders for the four previous machines were published in 2017 PM 39 and PM 40, . The latest two production lines will be located in Dongguan (PM 43) and Quanzhou (PM 45) and are similar to the previous four containerboard production lines.
The two new containerboard production lines will be designed to produce high-quality testliner grades out of 100 percent recycled raw materials as the four production lines ordered last year. The start-ups of PM 43 and PM 45 are scheduled to take place within a few months' timeframe in 2019. The start-ups of the four previous production lines are scheduled to take place a few months apart from each other starting from mid-2018.
The order of PM 45 is included in Valmet's first quarter 2018 orders received and the order of PM 43 was included in Valmet's third quarter of 2017 orders received. The value of the orders will not be disclosed. The value of an order of this type and scale is typically around EUR 90-110 million.
"Nine Dragons is committed to produce high quality containerboard products. We can deliver this promise with Valmet's technically advanced board machines. Advanced technology and the modern and distinctive industrial design were certainly important factors in these decisions. I'm pleased that Nine Dragons has had such a good cooperation with Valmet in the negotiations of these six machines and all the previous projects," says Mr. MC Liu, Deputy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Nine Dragons.
"Nine Dragons' decision to purchase six-in-a-row energy and resource efficient containerboard machines is quite exceptional. The company values our innovative, modernly designed and sustainable board making technology. We are pleased to continue the good cooperation with Nine Dragons," says Jari Vähäpesola, President of Paper Business Line, Valmet.
Technical details about the delivery
Valmet's deliveries for PM 43 and PM 45 container board making lines are similar to the four previous ones. The deliveries will include steam and condensate systems, broke collection pulpers for stock preparation, a board machine from headbox to winder including a full scope automation package and process ventilation equipment.
The containerboard machines will include OptiSizer Combi sizers combining both film and pond application for both sides. Film application is an optimal solution for lower basis weight grades. Pond application is for substantially higher basis weight grades needing higher penetration. This combination gives flexibility and opportunities to optimize the properties of different grades.
As in the previous orders, the full scope automation packages include Valmet DNA process and machine controls and condition monitoring. Board final quality is managed with Valmet IQ quality control system, comprehensive range of profilers as well as web inspection and monitoring system. The deliveries comprise also modern analyzers from pulping and wet end to laboratory testing.
PM 43 and PM 45 will produce testliner grades with a basis weight range of 75-140 g/m2.
About the customer Nine Dragons
Founded in 1995, Nine Dragons Paper Group is the world's largest in recovered paper based paper manufacturing in terms of production capacity. The company and its subsidiaries produce linerboard, high performance corrugating medium and coated duplex board. The group's paper machines in China are located in a number of locations. The group produces printing and writing paper in Dongguan and Taicang and packaging paperboard and specialty paper in Leshan, Sichuan Province. The group has also acquired 100% control equity interest in Hebei Yongxin Paper Co., Ltd.
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. We aim to become the global champion in serving our customers.
Valmet's strong technology offering includes pulp mills, tissue, board and paper production lines, as well as power plants for bioenergy production. Our advanced services and automation solutions improve the reliability and performance of our customers' processes and enhance the effective utilization of raw materials and energy.
Valmet's net sales in 2017 were approximately EUR 3.2 billion. Our more than 12,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers' performance forward - every day. Valmet's head office is in Espoo, Finland and its shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412. A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Working as a Consultant? Looking for some additional challenges with a flexible scheduling? Have a background in Consistency Control? This may be just the opportunity you are looking for: A large multi-national automation company seeks an expert in paper mill consistency technology. This individual will facilitate application support and start-ups in the paper mill environment. In addition, the ability to provide troubleshooting and technical advice and support is strongly desired. The individual should have an understanding of rotary, blade, microwave and optical consistency and the application of these devices in the paper mill. The company sells and maintains a line of consistency transmitters, sample valves and sheet break detectors. These products are marketed in the US through a rep. network. Knowledge of sheet break detection technology is also desirable. Individual must be willing to travel to paper production facilities across the US. Travel & Living Expenses to be reimbursed along with an agreed upon daily per diem rate. For more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.