Espoo, Finland 11 June 2018 -- Valmet extends its quality control systems expertise to the paper and board machine forming section with the introduction of the Valmet IQ Dryness Measurement (IQ Dryness). Utilizing microwave technology, the IQ Dryness measures the water layer thickness on the web, which can be used to calculate the web dry content. As well as removing most of the water, the majority of paper properties are also developed in the forming section. The inclusion of IQ Dryness in Valmet's paper quality control family opens new possibilities as it helps to close the information gap between the stock approach system and dry end quality sensors.
"Perhaps the biggest effect is the better management of dewatering. This has a great influence on the amount of the subsequent drying energy needed with potentially big cost savings in paper production. An increase of just 1% in dryness before the dryer can reduce the amount of energy needed to evaporate the excess water by approximately 4%," says Marko Toskala, Director, Quality Management Solutions, Valmet.
All grades and furnishes
Unlike other measurement technologies, Valmet IQ Dryness is not sensitive to conductivity which makes it suitable for use with all grades of paper and board. As well as energy savings with vacuum optimization; quicker startups, faster grade changes, fewer breaks and improved break recovery are just a few of the benefits that continuous measurement of water removal makes possible.
Optimized dewatering not only improves bonding for multilayer board machines but can also reduce the problems of blow induced breaks caused by excess moisture in the middle layer entering the drying section. Additionally, the measurement facilitates the online monitoring fabric condition together with improved troubleshooting of pulsation, vibration and other quality destroying wet end problems. The sensor's small size enables measurement in places inaccessible earlier.
Complete moisture management
This new sensor joins the Valmet IQ family of single point and scanning measurements to provide papermakers with a complete picture of MD and CD moisture from the forming and press sections, dryer and size press right up to the reel. Together with sophisticated moisture controls and an extensive range of actuators to control moisture levels and profiles, Valmet can close the loop to offer improved efficiency and runnability as well as better paper quality and printing properties.
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. We aim to become the global champion in serving our customers.
Valmet's strong technology offering includes pulp mills, tissue, board and paper production lines, as well as power plants for bioenergy production. Our advanced services and automation solutions improve the reliability and performance of our customers' processes and enhance the effective utilization of raw materials and energy.
Valmet's net sales in 2017 were approximately EUR 3.1 billion. Our more than 12,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers' performance forward - every day. Valmet's head office is in Espoo, Finland and its shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.