Helsinki, Finland 23 April 2018 -- Basic engineering of Finnpulp's bioproduct mill has started. Company's mill will be built on the site in Sorsasalo in Kuopio, for which the city plan was enforced earlier in January. Basic engineering for this world's largest bioproduct mill that uses only softwood will last about one year. Engineering work now starting will form basis for the final investment decision by the company. This is due to the first half of next year. The decision also will mean construction works of the mill to start.
One of the most respected forest industry companies in China as a shareholder
Owners of Finnpulp will finance approximately 15 million euros basic planning period. Before starting the engineering work, the company has increased its owner base. Hengan International, which is China's most significant tissue and hygiene product manufacturer, became a shareholder of the company. The EUR 11.7 million investment made by Hengan entitles to 36.5% of the share capital. In the future Hengan has a possibility to increase its share of the company up to 49%.
Hengan International is listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, and its share of China's growing personal hygiene product markets is 20% (2016). Founder family is still responsible for the management of the company, which has been chosen in international forums among to the most respected Chinese companies in business management, innovation and taking care of the environment and workforce responsibility.
At the same time with Hengan becoming a new shareholder, the previous owners MTK and Grizzly Hill Capitals have raised their investment in Finnpulp. After the issue the both parties will have 11,5 % of the company´s ownership.
Expectations are to get the verified environmental permit next summer
The Regional State Administrative Agency granted the environmental permit in March 2017 for Finnpulp's Kuopio bioproduction plant. The strict terms of the permit maybe the tightest ever been set to production plants in Finland or elsewhere. Terms are also stricter than the EU's best practice requirements for the industry. Finnpulp takes this this as a positive challenge and will employ new technology to meet the requirements.
Finnpulp's bioproduct mill will be the world's largest softwood pulp mill. The total amount of the investment is 1.4 billion euros. The project will have an employment impact of 5,700 person-years. Once completed, the bioproduction mill's effect on Finland's export income will be +1%, and it will create 1,500 new permanent jobs in Northern Savonia and 3,400 in the national value chain. 200 people will be working at the site once operations commence. The mill will use 6.7 million cubic meters of raw wood material per year.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Working as a Consultant? Looking for some additional challenges with a flexible scheduling? Have a background in Consistency Control? This may be just the opportunity you are looking for: A large multi-national automation company seeks an expert in paper mill consistency technology. This individual will facilitate application support and start-ups in the paper mill environment. In addition, the ability to provide troubleshooting and technical advice and support is strongly desired. The individual should have an understanding of rotary, blade, microwave and optical consistency and the application of these devices in the paper mill. The company sells and maintains a line of consistency transmitters, sample valves and sheet break detectors. These products are marketed in the US through a rep. network. Knowledge of sheet break detection technology is also desirable. Individual must be willing to travel to paper production facilities across the US. Travel & Living Expenses to be reimbursed along with an agreed upon daily per diem rate. For more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.