Espoo, Finland 28 August 2018 -- Crecia-Kasuga Co., Ltd has successfully started up a new tissue line, jointly delivered by Valmet and Kawanoe Zoki Co., Ltd., at the company's new production facility in Fuji, Japan. The inauguration ceremony was held during summer and the line is now in full operation producing tissue products for the Japanese consumer market.
The project has been very successful and the cooperation between Valmet, Kawanoe Zoki and Crecia-Kasuga has been smooth and efficient.
"We at Valmet appreciate the fruitful cooperation between the three companies. This is the first tissue machine equipped with an Advantage ViscoNip press in Japan. Just like in all previous installations over the world, the result has been excellent in terms of product quality and energy efficiency," says Ingmar Andersson, VP Asia Pacific Sales, Tissue Mills business unit, Valmet.
"We are very impressed about the new tissue machine which combines the latest technology with joint know-how of three companies. It started successfully on schedule and the performance exceeds our expectations. We appreciate the support from Valmet and Kawanoe Zoki," says Mr. Hirofumi Narita, President, Crecia-Kasuga.
"It is a great pleasure to contribute to the introduction of the latest tissue machine technology in the Japanese market. The Advantage DCT equipped with an Advantage ViscoNip press provides a unique value-adding performance," Mr. Takahiro Shinohara, Executive Managing Director, Kawanoe Zoki, adds.
Valmet's delivery included an Advantage DCT 135HS machine with Valmet's key technologies OptiFlo Headbox, Advantage ViscoNip press, AirCap hood and steel Yankee dryer. Manufacturing of other equipment, site assembly and installation services were performed by Kawanoe Zoki. The new line has an annual production capacity of 36,000 tonnes.
Information about the customer
Crecia-Kasuga Co., Ltd. is a joint venture for household paper products established 2017 by Nippon Paper Crecia Co., Ltd and Kasuga Paper Industry Co., Ltd. By effectively utilizing the premises and facilities at Nippon Paper Industrie's Fuji mill they will produce tissue products sold by Nippon Paper Crecia and Kasuga Paper Industry respectively.
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. We aim to become the global champion in serving our customers.
Valmet's strong technology offering includes pulp mills, tissue, board and paper production lines, as well as power plants for bioenergy production. Our advanced services and automation solutions improve the reliability and performance of our customers' processes and enhance the effective utilization of raw materials and energy.
Valmet's net sales in 2017 were approximately EUR 3.1 billion. Our more than 12,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers' performance forward - every day. Valmet's head office is in Espoo, Finland and its shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.