Marlia, Lucca, Italy 02 August 2018 -- Cascades Packaging entrusted Toscotec with a major rebuild of the dryer section of PM1 at Kingsey Falls mill, Canada. In view of the challenging targets of the project, Cascades decided that Toscotec's technology was the right match for this rebuild, thanks to the flexibility and high level of customization guaranteed by the Italian supplier with regards to the seamless integration between the existing equipment and the new tailor-made solution.
Toscotec's rebuild will achieve an 8% production increase. The Italian supplier will accomplish this substantial upgrade without increasing the overall length of the dryer section and without increasing the actual width of the dryers' frame in cross direction. Toscotec's TTSteelDryer allows better performances in terms of specific evaporation rate, thanks to its reduced shell thickness. Due to its shorter taper length, TT SteelDryer dries a wider sheet with the same space requirements of a traditional dryer section.
The scope of supply includes a number of TTSteelDryers, specifically designed for an operating steam pressure of 14 barg, as well as doctors, wire tensioning system, guiding and sheet stabilizing components. Toscotec's service specialists will also provide supervision, commissioning and start-up assistance.
With this new contract, Toscotec strengthens its reputation as a top P&B machinery supplier on technically demanding markets such as North America. In particular, through its proven ability to supply all-round tailor-made solutions based on the specific features of the existing equipment and to deliver significant upgrades, over the years Toscotec gained the trust of major papermaking producers across the globe.
Delivery is forecast within the end of August 2018.
About the Cascades Group
Established in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.