Altavilla Vicentina, Italy 30 July 2018 -- Burgo Group S.p.A, one of the leading European producers of graphic and specialty papers, announces the start of the reconversion plan of PM9 at Verzuolo mill (Italy), from coated mechanical papers to container board.
Approximately three months after the start-up of Avezzano mill, Burgo Group is keeping the focus on containerboard (RCCM) and continues its diversification strategy, ranging from publishing to packaging, from printing paper to paper for corrugators.
The new production is expected to start by Q4 2019 and the converted PM9 will have a full operating production capacity of 600,000 tons/yr of corrugating medium and testliner made of paper for Recycling (PfR) and designed for corrugated board. Coated mechanical paper clients will continue to be served throughout 2019.
Burgo Group continues with the implementation of its strategic plan, which also includes production options to preserve its role as an important player in coated mechanical paper market.
Burgo Group is one of Europe's leading producers of graphic and specialty paper. The Group is configured as a true 'system', developed around the world of paper: from the production, distribution, recycling of paper and the processing of forestry products, as well as factoring and energy. Guided by President Alberto Marchi and CEO Ignazio Capuano, the Group employs 3,663 people and has 11 plants in Italy, 1 in Belgium and 16 continuous machines. As of the 31 December 2017, Burgo Group had a consolidated turnover of 2,008 million Euro, an EBITDA of 132 million Euro, an operating profit of 47 million Euro before non-recurring charges and restructuring and a production of 2,057,000 tons of paper. A complete range of high quality products, an attitude to the research and development of innovative solutions, great attention paid to the environment: this is how Burgo Group presents itself as the benchmark partner in the graphics, printing and press sectors, thanks to a way of understanding and living the business, and see it move in a wider system. It is not by chance that Burgo Group makes sustainable development a core part of the business which is present in all processes, from purchase and use of resources, to the return of waste water, as far as the optimisation and re-use of discarded material for energy generation. Furthermore, Burgo Group is committed to expanding the business through the entrance in the container board market.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.